Friday, May 18, 2012

Making art to pay the rent?

The month of May for me has largely consisted of being on a job hunt for summer employment and catching up on television shows. With this extra time and need for money to live on, I decided this would be a great time to do what I always wanted to do- make a large number of small paintings made on dollar store canvases and sell them for profit $$$! (Likely on Mont Royal during Tam Tams or something like that). 

So today I went to the dollar store and spent about 25$ on various supplies including 9 canvases. And this past evening I started my first one. As I got into it, however, I began to realize that I liked the painting too much, I don't really know if I can part with it. Oh well. Hopefully there will be a couple of paintings out of the 8 remaining canvases that I can allow myself to sell!

Below are some photos of the painting in progress, as well as my stash of items I bought from the dollar store (including glitter pens and rhinestones, though I'm not entirely sure how I'll get around to using them as of yet).









And here was my inspiration - 



2 comments:

  1. Solid plan Isabel! Alas, one must eventually do the inevitable and part with their art baby :(

    I've into the habit of reminding myself the painting isn't going to stay with me before I actually start working on it. But it's still hard to part with some of them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably the best idea! I think the more I paint, the easier it will get to part with the ones I'm less attached to. Hopefully this summer I can make quite a few!

      Delete