Friday, September 16, 2011

Volant depuis 1821


Last weekend was beautiful, so warm and sunny, just a great day in general to play Quidditch! Yes, that is right, the game from Harry Potter, Quidditch. The team has been around for a while now, but I still always chuckle when I see them practicing around the McGill campus with a broom between their legs. My favourite part would have to be how the Golden Snitch is an actual person who runs and hids at the beginning of each game, and the two Seekers on either team have to run around and try to find it. 

Because it was such a beautiful day, I found a nice shady spot on campus underneath a tree, and started to catch up on my readings for a class. Out of the corner of my eye I see a girl in yellow woosh by and leap into a tree not too far from me. She climbed higher and higher, and then crouched down so she was hidden in the leaves. The two Seekers followed soon after, and managed to glimpse the yellow in the tree. The braver of the two began to climb the tree in pursuit of the Golden Snitch, but apparently due to the rules of the game, you must be on your broom at all times... even when climbing the tree. I have to admit it was the funniest thing I'd seen in a while, but also horrifying because a fall would have surely been quite painful from that altitude.

I snapped some photos of the game in progress that you can see below- 







No comments:

Post a Comment