Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh Mondays...






 A sketch from my sketchbook based on a photograph taken in the 1920s (pictorialist style with the costume and scene referencing the renaissance), thought she kind of looked like me.. but then again, I think any picture of someone with curly hair looks like me.

Also, a week or so back, I finally finished this painting - http://isabelluce.blogspot.com/2010/06/latest-on-my-canvas.html. It doesn't look much different, because I actually really liked the unfinished feel of the canvas before I added the face in. I found it interesting that as I was drawing the face, it really changed from the photo I was referencing, into somebody else (like the painting has a life of its own, haha). Also in my last post about the progress of this painting, I referenced that I was going to bejewel this painting - I've decided against that for now, I just think there's a lot going on without adding another material.




No comments:

Post a Comment