Monday, October 4, 2010

The Little Treasures of Bernard St.


 I went for a bike ride this past Saturday, I was on a mission to find Jean-Talon Market (a fabulous outdoor market with the best cheeses, produce, bakery items, and even seafood around) without consulting a map. This meant that by the time I reached St. Viateur and St. Joseph, I assumed I was almost there – not realizing that Jean Talon was actually 4 or 5 streets past the highway. 
 

That's when I came the Bernard St. - a street known for its funky artistic shops, and a street I've been meaning to get to for quite some time. I absolutely recommend it! There are the most fabulous little shops, restaurants, and antique stores. In the crisp fall weather, with the leaves turning and the pedestrians bundled up in their scarves – there was a feeling of magic in the air (well, I thought as much, fall being my favourite time of year). 
 

Anyways, please enjoy these photos of some of the shop windows. I wish I took a lot more of the other shops as well – but it was slightly awkward with the weird glances as I was getting, maneuvering my bike and camera through the sidewalks, avoiding pedestrians.

No comments:

Post a Comment