Friday, August 20, 2010

Newest Painting (x2)

I'm going to start this post off with a disclaimer. When I began this painting, my inspiration was two black and white photographs, one of a woman with a beautiful feathered hat, and the other of a hand holding a light bulb. My idea was to make these two photographs into the same painting but split onto two different canvases. I wanted to make them black and white with an accent of colour. However, once I started adding the dash of colour - red - I started to realize how vampiric/twilightish she looks. I just wanted to let you all know that this wasn't my intention, I've just always been a fan of black, white and red.

Also, the hand didn't turn out quite well - my computer crashed mid painting and I decided to just finish the canvas from memory (forgetting that I could just look at my own hand...). Anyway, enough of my complaints! I'm happy that I finally got around to doing some painting this month!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment