Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Reading List



So I've been reading actually quite a lot this summer, which is new for me as during the school year I rarely have enough spare time to indulge in a good book for the sake of it. Also, I happened to go to a book sale last weekend, every book was on sale for 1$ each. Incredible, and I have to say I am incredibly thankful to my roomie for dragging me along with her. Needless to say, I bought nine new books! Most of them were classics that I was planning on reading anyways. So I thought I would put together a list of books I have read so far this summer, and the ones I have yet to read, and/or are intending to read. Enjoy!
  1. The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
  2. The Tin Flute by Gabrielle Roy
  3. Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
  4. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  5. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  6. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder (re-read)
  7. She Came to Stay by Simone de Beauvoir
  8. The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan
  9. Roughing it in the Bush by Susanna Moodie
  10. The Backwoods of Canada by Catharine Parr Trail
  11. Le Bourgeois Gentihomme by Moliere
  12. The Age of Reason by Jean-Paul Sartre

    1 comment:

    1. Love the new header. Inside your mind sounds better than inside your head :)

      Glad you've had time to do some recreational reading which I think is important.

      ReplyDelete