Saturday, May 22, 2010

My First Commission

A couple of weeks ago, I was speaking with a co-worker about how litter time there always seemed to be to work on art- she creates her own unique jewelery and clothing. This led to me showing her my portfolio and her asking me to paint her a portrait of her daughter for her daughter's new apartment. She showed me her favourite picture of her daughter on facebook and emailed me the photo as well, telling me that I can take my time, I could be as long as I want, it could even be a Christmas present for her daughter.

So that was great - absolutely no pressure, no worries about rushing the painting, and I ended up drawing the preliminary sketch the next week. The outline sketch on the canvas came next, and last night I finally got the time to paint it! So I thought I would post the stages of the painting as well as the final for your enjoyment....

No comments:

Post a Comment