Friday, May 21, 2010

My Apartment Search



What is consuming my life at the moment - other than a full time job? That would be my search for the perfect apartment. It really seems near impossible. Its been about 2 weeks now of constant searching through the endless craigslist entries that update faster then you can read them. Part of my problem may be my pickiness, however I feel like the place I choose to live in should feel like home. Why can't I have my dream apartment on a limited budget while going to university? I must be realistic ofcourse, but while I have time to search for an apartment, I might as well try searching for the perfect place.

All I really want is to live in a nice Victorian home, a spiral staircase in the front would definitely be an asset. Second or third floor is a must, third would be preferred as it is usually the top floor of the Victorian triplexes. A balcony is also necessary, what would I do without a place to eat breakfast in the sun with my newspaper, or sit out for drinks in the evening? While we are on the topic of the preferred architecture, a tower would be wonderful, not to mention a tower room. Curved or octagonal rooms, wouldn't that be great?

I just want a funky place I can call my own, saturated in the charm of an older building. Black and white tiles, large sunny windows, a large kitchen with plenty of storage space. Now my number one wish/hope would be to have a studio, perhaps a corner of the place dedicated to painting and my artwork. It would be a place where I could have all paints and supplies on display as well as my inspiration taped on the walls around it.

Anyways, as you can probably tell, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what I want, and needless to say, I have not been having much luck. I'll keep you posted with this project of mine, and wish me luck on finding a place that kind of resembles what I am wishing for!

-Isabel

(the collages included in this post are composed of photos collected from deviantart.com, and put together using Picasa)

No comments:

Post a Comment